Tuesday, April 16, 2013

DIY: Spiked Thrift Jacket + Rainy day outfit

Hello Lovelies,
Two days ago I took a friend to a newly opened thrift shop, Plato's Closet, and although I wasn't planning on buying anything, I ended up getting a very nice and new looking tan jacket for a whooping price of $10!



Just to customize it, I added some studs I ordered from here using my DIY projects material, which are just a screwdriver and a screw (ha!).

Material:
- Jacket
- 7*10mm Screwback Golden Spikes
- Measuring tape/Ruler
- Screwdriver
- A screw (make sure it's not too big compared to the spike screw)
- A sharpie
- A box lid 

To create: Arrange the spikes the way you want them to be on your jacket by using a ruler to make sure that the space in between the spikes is the same. On my jacket, every spike was 2cm away from the next spike. Then use a sharpie to put a dot where you're going to put the spikes. Place a box lid inside the jacket, under the dots to protect the other side of the jacket from being perforated. Use a screw to make a hole where the dots are by turning slowly. Finally, add the spikes and use the screwdriver to tighten them up (Be careful not to tighten them up too much). Enjoy your new spiked Jacket! 

 
 
[Wearing]: Thrift DIY spiked Jacket | Forever21 Striped sweater (here) | JCPenney Neon Yellow Ankle jeans (similar here) | Urbanog Back Bow pointy Toe Pump (here) | Accessories: Michael Kors brown leather satchel, H&M jewelry and leopard print scarf. 


Have a lovely day and thanks for reading my post.
Don't forget to follow me via BLOGLOVIN'

7 comments:

Pearl in Fashion said...

Wow! You look so cool and sunny! :)
xoxo
http://pearlinfashion.blogspot.co.at/

unitedcolorsofaggie said...

beautiful outfit!!!Love the colors and all the patterns!!!cool shoes!!

Inès said...

waow! your look just rocks! I love these flashy colors!! Nice shoes!
xo
Dear Inès

Unknown said...

wow love your outfit hun!!
your shoes are stuuuunniiingg!!!!!!
xoxo

www.fashionrailways.com

La x sacha said...

Hey Jessy,
You just reminded me of that store.we have like 3 in the area!I just stop by!
Nice colours.I love this look.
Kisses!

Jeans and a Teacup said...

Love how you added studs! I've been wanting to do that with some of my clothes but I could never find studs.
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Rachel Pheasant said...

I know this post is supposed to be about the jacket--but I love the color/pattern combinations in your outfit! I especially like the bow detail of the shoes which blanaces out the spikes on the jacket.

Best,
Rachel
www.thecuratorial.com